Ensuring you are immigration compliant and supporting your team
Our immigration team provides business related immigration advice to individuals, small enterprises, corporate clients and financial institutions operating in the UK. We also regularly advise and assist employers with registering as licensed sponsors and maintaining A-rated status.
It is increasingly difficult for UK businesses to hire migrants and Brexit has complicated an already complex area. Ensuring compliance with all the requirements and regulations can be very time consuming but we have considerable experience of both immigration law and dealing with the Home Office.
We advise business owners who hire or wish to hire migrant workers as well as individuals who wish to work in the UK, whether it is strategic planning, end-to-end sponsorship and visa support or support with UK immigration compliance. We provide strategic immigration solutions for short term and prospective long-term situations. Our comprehensive service spans entry clearance requirements and leave to remain issues, all the way to settlement and British Citizenship. We can also support HR teams in managing their work wide immigration needs. We provide a dedicated service to supportEU nationals running businesses in the UK and individuals or businesses from overseas who wish to invest in or start up a business in the UK. We can provide a high-level service to help our clients and their families relocate, obtain permanent residence and British Citizenship.
Going beyond application advice, we frequently deliver tailored training to businesses and HR teams on topics including the prevention of illegal working, understanding the Points Based System, compliance with UK immigration legislation, and compliance duties as a ‘sponsor’.
- Advising employers on becoming and operating as licensed sponsors under the UK Points Based System, including licence management issues such as suspension or revocation of sponsor licences.
- Applications made under the Points Based System:
- Tier 1 Investor applications
- Tier 2 Skilled Worker (General and Intra Company Transfer)
- Dependant applications (spouses, children, unmarried and civil partners).
- Applications for Indefinite Leave to Remain/Settlement in the UK.
- European applications (pre-Settled Status, Settled Status, Family Permits, residence cards, permanent residence, etc.).
- Applications for British Citizenship.
- Guidance and training on the prevention of illegal working in the UK.
- The scope of the permissible activities for visitors.
- Immigration compliance issues following corporate reorganisations, mergers and acquisitions.
- Attending Home Office compliance audits at client sites and conducting ‘mock audits’.