Our debt recovery service is designed to be results focused, quick and commercially affordable. Our expert debt recovery and dispute resolution team deal will act quickly to assist in the recovery of a debt or negotiate a settlement for repayment of a debt.
The following is a schedule of costs which apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and where enforcement action is not needed. If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
Matters usually take 1 to 3 months from receipt of instructions to receipt of payment depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim; your instructions; and if appropriate the court timetable. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of Judgement in default. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve and is likely to involve further costs.
Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost. The costs quoted are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect the debt, or where insolvency proceedings such as bankruptcy and winding up proceedings need to be pursued to recover the debt. If you wish to recover your debt by pursuing insolvency proceedings, we can provide you with further information about our costs, if required.
|Debt Value||Current Court Fee||Our fee (incl. VAT)||Total|
|Up to £5,000||£35 to £205||£1,200||£1,235 to £1,405|
|£5,001 to £10,000||£455||£3,000||£3,455|
|£10,001 to £50,000||5% of value of claim||£6,000|
|£50,000 to £100,000||5% of value of claim||£9,000|
The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
Our fee includes:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation and is on the assumption we receive clear, full and prompt instructions from you;
- undertaking searches as we deem appropriate;
- sending a letter before action;
- receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing the claim form;
- where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default;
- when Judgement in default is received, writing to the other side to request payment; and
- if payment is not received within 21 days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs.